Turknett Leadership Group and the Robert K. Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership announced the members of the Host Committee for the 2014 Leadership Character Awards at a reception at the Commerce Club in Atlanta on June 26, 2014. Members of the host committee include:
- Cathy Adams – Federal Home Loan Bank Atlanta
- Roz Alford – ASAP Solutions Group, LLC
- Ron Alston – Suntrust Bank
- Susan Bell – Ernst & Young LLP
- *Paula Lawton Bevington – Bevington Advisors, LLC
- Veronica Biggins – Diversified Search
- Bob Collins – Zep Inc.
- *Karen Robinson Cope – NanoLumens, Inc.
- Paulette Corbin – North Highland
- Charlie Crawford – Private Bank of Buckhead
- Tracy Crump – Foundation of Wesley Woods
- Tom Darrow – Talent Connections, LLC
- Kathy Dowling – ASAP Solutions Group, LLC
- *Nellie Duke – Georgia Women’s Institute
- Mary Ellen Garrett – Merrill Lynch
- *Jim Geiger – Cbeyond, Inc.
- *Larry Gellerstedt – Cousins Properties Incorporated
- Kym Harris, Ph.D. – Your Sweet Spot Consulting
- Stephen Hennessy – Hennessy Automobile Companies
- *Sandy Hofmann – Gadfly
- Phil Jacobs – Pendleton Consulting Group
- *Stuart Johnson – Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Sharon James Jordan – AIG Property Casualty
- *Elizabeth Kiss, Ph. D. – Agnes Scott College
- Bob Littell – Littell Consulting
- *Milton Little – United Way of Greater Atlanta
- Susan O’Dwyer – Habif, Arogeti & Wynne, LLP
- *Michael Petrik – Alston & Bird LLP
- *Heather Rocker – SEI-Atlanta LLC
- *Alana Shepherd – Shepherd Center
- Christine St. Clare – St. Clare Advisors, LLC
- *Ann Stallard – Graphic Communications
- Elizabeth Levy Ward – Thought Partners
- Emelyne Williams – Georgia Power Co.
- Sam Williams – Metro Atlanta Chamber
- *John Yates – Morris, Manning & Martin LLP
Members marked with an asterisk are former winners of a Leadership Character Award. Alana Shepherd received the 2013 Lifetime Achievement Award.
Nominations are now open for the Awards at www.LeadershipCharacterAwards.org, and all nominees for the Awards will be honored at the luncheon ceremony on September 24th at the Sheraton Atlanta. Nominations are accepted in 4 categories: Business, Non Profit, Education and “Inspiritor.” The Awards ceremony will be a part of the 24th annual Greenleaf Center Servant Leadership Conference.
Winners in each category are selected by the Advisory Board, and members include Ann Cramer, Tom Crawford, David Ratcliffe, Conchita Robinson, and Dr. Betty Siegel for 2014.
Kent C. “Oz” Nelson, former CEO of UPS will receive the third Lifetime Achievement Award for character in leadership. Read more here.
UPS will be the presenting sponsor for the 2014 Awards, and Kroger, GV Financial, and CMIT Solutions will also sponsor. For additional information about sponsorship, please click here.
About the Leadership Character Awards
Since 2003, the Turknett Leadership Character Awards have recognized individuals and companies who display character in leadership in accordance with the Leadership Character Model. The 11th Annual Leadership Character Awards will be presented under the auspices of the Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership and will be held on September 24, 2014 at the Sheraton Atlanta.
About Turknett Leadership Group
TLG’s expertise is Leadership. With over 25 years’ experience, TLG is Atlanta’s premiere resource for Executive Coaching, Selection, Talent Assessment, Leadership Team Building, and more. Through an approach grounded in science and guided by the Leadership Character Model™, TLG helps organizations hire the best people, identify and develop high potentials, and create high-performing cultures.
About the Robert K. Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership
Founded in 1964, the Greenleaf Center is an international nonprofit organization that serves students, individuals, workplaces and the community by growing servant-leaders through education and programming. Robert K. Greenleaf was the author of “The Servant as Leader,” a landmark essay that coined the phrase “servant-leader” and launched the modern servant leadership movement. Today the Greenleaf Center nurtures students, enhances workplaces and builds the servant leader community through education, leadership development and conferences. To find out more, please visit www.greenleaf.org.
Bianca Wirth, Consulting Services Coordinator